Saturday, September 25, 2010

tips and such

I found a great way to do cheap ...free studio lighting. Sure you can buy the cowboy stuff on Amazon for cheap, but this is free! Here it is: I used a new three armed laundry hanger, put a sheet / white, over it, put an incandescent light behind it. I also put the light with sheet up high on a shelf...this creates some awesome effects and you get your studio lighting on the fly so try it out. Experiment with bouncing the light off of the ceiling or wall or use two..works very well!

1 comment:

  1. I love innovation, Arlene. I do it all the time, too. Especially in photography. I am opposed to expensive equipment when makeshift lighting does just fine. See, we are sisters.

    Be careful that the ceiling is not a grungy yellow or the color cast will show in your image.

    I am now a follower!
    Love and hugs to you!

    Sheree

    ReplyDelete