Saturday, October 2, 2010

A fun trick to produce off camera HDR

I was experimenting in Photoshop and thought what would a photo look like if you merge the RAW with the JPEG. I made the JPEG the same size as the RAW, this is critical, then merged the layers. Wow! To my surprise the photo looked like HDR! It is very important to ensure that you make your JPEG the exact same dimensions as the RAW. Open both and copy the RAW dimensions into the JPEG under "image size", then merge down with the JPEG as the top layer. Try it out, it will not work for all pictures, very busy ones, but does well with a bench, the one I used or other objects without too much detail. I also painted over some areas to give them an extra punch with a 30% set at "Overlay"... try different brushes and styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment